6/8 Music Submission Agreement
1. Parties. This Music Submission Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by and between 6/8 Records LLC (“We,” “Us,” “Our,” “6/8,” “the Site”) and “You,” (“User,” “Visitor(s)” “Artist”)
2. Any music submitted through the site to us for our consideration must be via streamed link such as on soundcloud, youtube, etc.
3. 6/8 makes no promise or guarantee of any kind to offer any of our services to any party that submits any music to us through this site (or otherwise). 6/8 also will make best efforts to review as many submissions of music as possible but does not guarantee that your music will be reviewed. Quality of submitted content, alignment with artist and/or songwriter, and our subjective belief in your success are some of the primary factors that will encourage us to contact you following a submission. It is the sole discretion of 6/8 as to whether we offer our services to a particular artist following their submission of a music track through our site for our consideration.
4. You must be over age 21 to submit music for our consideration, or have the supervision and permission of a parent or guardian in doing so if you are between ages 13-20.
5. You agree to only submit original music to 6/8 that you own or control the rights to (including but not limited to the Copyright master sound recording or publishing), for consideration by 6/8 for potentially offer you any of our various services for engagement. You further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold 6/8 and its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any liability to third parties, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your breach of these Terms.
6. Modification: 6/8 reserves the right to modify this agreement at any time and shall effect notice by indicating in writing at the top of this agreement the date of the most recent update.
7. Misc: All terms of this agreement shall be executed in good faith by 6/8 and Artist. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to any state conflict of laws. Further, the parties agree that the state of performance of this contract is exclusively in NY. Any action, litigation, arbitration, mediation, or other proceeding which involves a claim or controversy arising out of this agreement shall be exclusively brought within NY state as well. If any part of this agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or by any other legally constituted body having jurisdiction to make such determination, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof and cannot be changed or terminated except by an instrument signed by all of the parties hereunder, and supersedes all prior agreements (written or oral) concerning the subject matter hereof between the parties. The parties agree that they are of sound mind; that they have reached the age of majority to enter and execute this agreement; that they are not under any incapacity; and that they fully understand the terms, conditions, and obligations of this agreement.